Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Pencil Peeve

A huge pet peeve that I have developed in my corresponding teacher's classroom is students with their pencils. I would have never guessed that a pencil could entail so many different things that become a distraction such as pencil top erasers, grippers, and most importantly a pencil sharpener. Students are constantly getting erasers tearing them up and tosses pieces at each other where you later see them all over the floor as well as the grippers besides using these items for their actual purpose. I don't even know where to begin with students sharpening their pencil because first of all they no longer get to use the teacher's pencil sharpener due to already breaking one of hers. However, they all bought their own little ones now. You would think that this would be a good thing, but its definitely not. Students now find a reason to break their pencils just so they can keep sharpening them during class even though they are already perfectly sharpened. They keep finding reasons to mess with their pencils instead of being fully focused in class. I never realized how much all of this bothered me before until now. All I can do is find myself being highly annoyed hoping that I will eventually get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Winter Breeze, Runny Nose for Me

The cool winter breeze blew in today, however, so did a cold for me. Runny nose, soar throat, popping ears, what's next? It always seems...