Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Rainy Days

As I'm sitting in class today I hear this strange but yet very common noise hitting the roof and windows. Rain drops, it was raining! I immediately looked out of the window to see the trees swaying, water running off the roof, and the playground slightly muddy with puddles of water. Rainy days call for stop and think moments whether we realize it or not. Everyone acknowledges these rainy days as they take a moment to observe what is going on whether we like it or not. For me rainy days are just so calming to me. The best is when it hits our tin roof at my house. Rainy days usually call for a break as it is a day to stay in my pajamas, sit around on the couch, catch up on laundry; etc. Sometimes I just love rainy days as it allows me with a break, but other days I have stuff that I need to do outside that can be frustrating as everything is wet and nasty and just causes problems.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I empathize with your perspective on rainy weather. A similar change toward cooler, grayer, wetter conditions has prevailed lately where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes. I love a good rainy day! But then after too many... I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rainy days too... except, I hate to have to drive home in them. I love how you described the realization that it was raining and how it totally causes you to stop and think. Keep up the wonderful writing!

    ReplyDelete

Cool Winter Breeze, Runny Nose for Me

The cool winter breeze blew in today, however, so did a cold for me. Runny nose, soar throat, popping ears, what's next? It always seems...