Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Ribbons, Lace and Jewels Too...

Where do I even begin? Upon driving up to the store I began to get very excited, but yet slightly nervous as well. My anticipation levels were rising because today was the day that I would get to try on all those pretty dresses in hope to find the "Perfect" one for my big wedding day. ---Walking into the store all I could see was ribbon, lace, jewels as well as all these other different types of materials. Some dresses poofy, some straight, fitted, sparkly, plain, long, short, etc. Here is where the nerves began to kick in as I thought to myself,"How would I ever pick out the right dress?" There were so many options to consider and the dresses you think you like in pictures...well don't always tend to look the same when you try them on. (Or at least that's how it always goes for me.) We went from one dress to another, over and over again. In fact I tried on so many different ones that all the dresses began to look the same. I had to tell myself that I have to start narrowing them down or I would be here forever. Finally, after trying some on twice I narrowed it down to two dresses both very pretty, but also very different in style. One really tended to catch my eye though, but of course it was a little over my budget---that's just my luck! I finally found the one I like and then money has to step in and be a problem. Uhh, maybe I will have to splurge a little just this one time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can totally relate to your shopping. Shopping can be really fun and exciting, especially for special events like weddings! But they can also be exhausting! I laughed when you wrote about how when you finally caught the one you like most it turned out to be the more expensive one. Just like you, I have an eye for the finer things without really knowing it! I hope you enjoy the rest of your dress shopping. Drink lots of water! Shopping takes stamina!

    ReplyDelete

Cool Winter Breeze, Runny Nose for Me

The cool winter breeze blew in today, however, so did a cold for me. Runny nose, soar throat, popping ears, what's next? It always seems...