Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Lights that Bring it all Back

      Suddenly as I sit here I feel a blast from the past, a moment that I am back to reliving those good ole days. The bleachers shake, the wind blows, the crowd cheers through all of this nail biting intensity under those "Friday Night Lights." As if that isn't enough my feet were stomping in frustration, but yet my hands were clapping in excitement through out the whole game. Over all it was just a series of mixed emotions going on through my head during this one game, four quarters, forty-eight minutes, or two thousand eight hundred eighty seconds of my life. Thankfully we ended with a win thus setting my mind at ease.
       Although this game had me on my toes the whole game. I have to say going to watch my brother play high school football in my hometown was one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. It was great being able to go back to the place where everything started for myself. As I made those marks on the field during Kindergarten when I first started school here to when I departed with my last footsteps on that same field when I walked across it for my high school graduation. The memories that lie within just this field alone much less the school is something that will never be forgotten.


2 comments:

  1. I love this flashback. I wanted to know, where was this game exactly and who was playing. Sounds like you have very thick attachments to the field. I wanted to know about you making marks on the field as a kinder baby too; was that a literal or a figurative reference? Can't wait to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss those nights! There is nothing quite like those hometown football games!

    ReplyDelete

Cool Winter Breeze, Runny Nose for Me

The cool winter breeze blew in today, however, so did a cold for me. Runny nose, soar throat, popping ears, what's next? It always seems...