Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Grateful, Thankful & Blessed

Here lately I have really been thinking about my life a lot and the reasoning that brought all of this was when I had a conversation with a student and was really trying to get to know them. The student began to tell me about his split up family and how he doesn't really enjoy his step family that he lives with, how they had only local channels on television, no internet and their water had to be turned on and off constantly. As I listened to the student tell me about the life that he has my emotions began to build up and feel sad for the child. It made me really take a moment to look back and reflect on my own life. Many times in life we take things for granted and do not realize how much we should be appreciative of these things. "If we do not feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we'd be happy with more. -Unknown" It teaches me that I need to appreciate what may seem like little things such as a roof over my head, the air I breathe, the fresh water I drink, the food that is in my household, waking up and being able to get out of bed & walk, for being to see and hear, having a cell phone, a tv to watch almost any show I want, being able surf the web and most of all having a family who loves me and gets along with one another. Although I could have a list that goes on forever I think that is where I will stop for now. The main three words that I need to remember is "Grateful, Thankful & Blessed" because that is truly what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Winter Breeze, Runny Nose for Me

The cool winter breeze blew in today, however, so did a cold for me. Runny nose, soar throat, popping ears, what's next? It always seems...